- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
- ½ cup BBQ sauce (sweet or savory, you’re the chef!)
- 1 ¼ cups mozzarella cheese shredded, divided
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red onion, diced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- A dash of liquid smoke
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
DirectionsPreheat oven to 400°F.
Open pizza dough on a cutting board or cleaned surface and roll out.
In a bowl, mix BBQ sauce, red pepper flakes, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper - add liquid smoke at this step if desired. Spread BBQ mixture over the dough and sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese evenly across the surface of the dough. Top with chicken and onion - evenly distributing across the dough.
Starting on the long side, roll the dough tightly until you have a long cylinder shape. Pinch the seams together to seal the dough cylinder. Cut into 8-10 equal slices and place cut side down onto a cookie sheet or cast iron skillet. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top and continue baking for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Serve with a dipping sauce made of equal parts BBQ and Ranch dressing.
For faster prep, try NakedTruth precooked/marinated chicken chunks.